Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Day 1 NYC Training


 Day started off low everyone knows how i am about my time and my flight was delayed, but due to plane crashing into bridge in NYC yesterday and flight traffic. I must say I felt slightly unqualified to be here seeing that most of the people here are in or finished Seminary or have traveled overseas for other missions already. I wanted to pack my stuff and roll out ..... But it helped that I found another US-2 that understood where i was coming from with my concerns about my placement. Because every time I tell someone what i was placed for they're like "Oh Cool" and in my head I'm like "Wanna Trade?" Because now it's not so much Biloxi because I've accepted it not to be such a bad place. It is truly POLICY and LEGISLATIVE work. I've never been the pencil pusher, research thus and that type of worker I'm more Kinetic and action based. And I'm afraid since I bore quickly and am already not excited about my position i don't want to grow resentful especially with this being a 2 year commitment. I definitely don't want to appear ungrateful for what doors have been opened for me, but I do wish I was more excited about my placement maybe time will help. I do feel this job and mission will put a high stressor on my relationship for my time will be primarily consumed with research seeing that it takes me several reads to fully comprehend the subject. We talked about letting go of some things that may limit your service and oddly i had a similar dream. Although I do not want to let go, I'm gonna have to pray and really figure out what will be best because I like my comfort zones but am working on becoming comfortable with the uncomfortable
Bawo,
Katie P

My dude got me to the Hotel after my frustrations of  not being  able to find my group

Tried something different Ethiopian food not my favorite  but it was free so I'm thankful for that

Where I will be residing for the next 4 days.....Everything is small i realized how "privileged" I may be....Elevator small , beds small, community bathroom small, ect


Just missed statue of liberty in this pic but I realized in my head i thought i was a lot larger actually its pretty small to me and we weren't even that high in the sky and it still looked smaller


Duke!

No comments:

Post a Comment