Tuesday, July 16, 2013

As I Prepare To Get MY Life

I'm sitting here at Lakeview Conference Center with Perkins Youth School Theology and my thoughts are WOW this is the last year of PYST before it transforms into FAITH CALLS. But more on my mind is next week I start my journey, July 23, 2013 I will be leaving for NYC for 3wks of training to be commissioned as a MISSIONARY (like official as a whistle I'll be Katie the Missionary)...... Ask me 5yrs ago would I have ever ever ever saw myself as a missionary I'd say "HECK NO" I just knew I'd be working for some athletic department or professional team utilizing my degree. And I believe that is what truly scares the CRAP out of me I'm leaving TEXAS, friends, LOVES and my life behind to go embark on this new journey and come to find out it in POLICY and LEGISLATIVE work the subjects and things I avoided with a passion I really was like WTH were they thinking when they picked my placement honestly I'm still working on embracing it because I don't want to be ungrateful for the doors that have been opened for me. I will definitely miss my ANSC CF family because i love the community we built together but as well who will I have way in Biloxi, MS to push me to embrace the suck , God knows I still am on this weight loss journey and don't want to get stuck in lazy ( which I have been this last week)....I'll definitely miss the people and opportunities PYST has given me over the past 10yrs. Without PYST I would have never met the AMAZINGLY GREAT DEVASTATING DIVA Tonya B! who is truly blessed and gifted in all she does and without Tonya B I would not have met my long lost sister LAcie Presidential Jefferson.....anyways back to my new journey hopefully everything works out and these 2yrs fly by I'll probaly love it and not want to leave come July 2015, we shall see.
    So I'll be in prayer, in hope, in faith, and in the moment so that I may get whatever blessings are in store for me as i embark on this journey



Bawo,

Katie P

No comments:

Post a Comment